From sweet to romantic suspense, join me as I craft my happily ever after…
I’ve had many requests for the Tangled Birthday Party Sun Bunting or Pennant flags — here are ours…
We made ours out of cloth, not paper as SuperMom suggested — she had the template and the idea…which, of course, I took the idea and ran with. How could you not?? Look!!!
As I said, it’s money spent on purple printer ink (red + blue + yellow = PRICEY!) or cloth, which with a 40 or 50% off coupon, would end up being rather inexpensive… and I took her idea and ran with it! (with a little help from my friends!) and here is how we did it:
2. Visited JoAnn’s store to find the best (cheapest) fabric, in THE Rapunzel colors of purple and gold, for our recreation of the kingdom.
3. Selected 2 yards of gold, and about 4 of the royal purple.
4. To slice the gold banding, my friend Bonnie used her quilt cutter, and made 1 1/2 inch strips of gold fabric for me.
5. Meanwhile, I went to town cutting the pennant triangles — folding the fabric over, and using the paper template from SuperMom’s party.
6. While Bonnie simple stitched the flag banners to the strips… (that means just setting the flag and stitching each one about an inch or two apart)…
7. I found a “sun” die-cut template in a certain workroom, and volunteered some extra time at school to make use of cutting out about 100 suns on my own goldenrod paper. You could cut them out by hand, but wow. I have carpal tunnel to begin with…
8. Once I received the banner strips from Bonnie, I sat down with my favorite TV show while the kids were at school, and used Fabric Glue to secure the paper suns to the pennants.
7. Final Result! We hung from every window in the house, draped over the table, and across the mantle.
What would you do with yours?
By the way, I’ve got about 10 strands left, if anyone needs them… let me know!